Technical Delivery Manager/ Sr. Project Manager
Job Title: Technical Delivery Manager/ Sr. Project Manager
Duration: 6+ months
Location: 100% Remote (as per PST Hours; Seattle, WA, Local preferred)
Rate: Experience dependent
This job contributes to company's success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologies and security capabilities in support of the company's Engineering Platform. This position is accountable for managing and facilitating the product and services releases including plan and schedule end to end testing and production deployments across multiple technology platforms. Models and acts in accordance with company's guiding principles.
As a Leader, you will
- Develop and manage product release management lifecycle processes across integrated products, applications and systems
- Initiate, scope, controls, monitor, and deploy changes throughout the entire software development lifecycle
- Bring definition to complex technology projects and are skilled at navigating ambiguous new frontiers
- Build relationships and foster teamwork to inspire and lead the teams to deliver their best work
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures all project teams working on the program understand and work toward accomplishing the business vision, goals and objectives of the program deliverables.
- Analyze and evaluate key interdependencies and their impacts for technology initiatives and projects in the program.
- Monitor and manage product release schedules to ensure that key milestones are met and that projects are delivered effectively to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the program.
- Drive engagement with product, program, engineering, end to end testing, and support teams to align on scope, critical milestones, release cadence, delivery and support requirements.
- Responsible for all pre-release planning activities including develop and manage deployment plans, pre-launch rehearsals, release readiness review, etc.
- Lead and coordinate activities related to all releases including the execution of deployment plans and readiness checklists in partnership with teams across the organization to ensure timely delivery.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and cross functional teams to ensure critical risks and issues are assessed and managed on an ongoing basis. Pro-actively monitor and control all release aspects: provide corrective actions and communications to appropriate stakeholders as needed. Develop risk management and contingency plan for all releases.
- Continuously optimizes product delivery and release processes on a predictable, sustainable cadence with high quality products.
- Provide guidance and support for cross-scrum teams and product owners to ensure proper backlog prioritization and assignment in alignment with delivery commitment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of professional IT industry experience.
- 3 years of Release Management with custom developed product or service delivery and consumer off-the-shelf application software builds and deployments in an agile environment.
- 3 years of Program/Project Management experience.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Ability to work across disciplines for alignment on product delivery expectations.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences at various levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to build and inspire cross-functional collaborative teams.
- Advanced technical skills with application and system software development.
- Strong understanding of server, database, storage and network infrastructure concepts and technologies.
- Understanding of application and system architecture.
- Understanding of Cloud computing services including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Applied expertise in Release Management best practices and approaches for custom developed, consumer off-the-shelf, and digital applications.
- Competency supporting continuous integration and delivery processes.
- Ability to explain complex issues in conventional terms.