Sr. Systems Analyst
Title: Sr. Systems Analyst, EDAP, DIABLO
Duration: 12+ Months
Location: 100% Remote (Seattle, WA/PST Hrs.)
Rate: Experience dependent
Company is seeking an experienced, creative and self-motivated Sr. Systems Analyst to support our BI and Data Services systems. In this role, the Sr. Systems Analyst will act as a primary IT liaison to business teams for project related activities and overall support for company’s enterprise data and decision scientist programs. Responsibilities will include business requirements management, analysis, functional design of the data tables, testing, implementation support, designing business processes and delivering business user training for IT projects with moderate to highly complex scope. We are looking for a high caliber resource able to:
· Communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Provide functional consulting and documentation for large or complex BI and Data Services projects requiring multidisciplinary approaches and collaboration with project team and business partners.
· Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner in alignment with Starbucks guiding principles.
· Coach and mentor less experienced analysts.
Experience/ Qualifications required:
Summary of Experience:
· Relevant functional/business process experience - 5 years
· Solution design, testing, and implementation experience - 5 years
· Applicable application and system configuration experience - 5 years
· Production support, system maintenance, upgrades, and enhancement delivery experience -5 years
· End user support and documentation experience - 6 years
· IT Project experience as project resource or lead - 2 years
· Solution design, testing, and implementation experience- 5 years
· Data Analysis- 2 years
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Strong analytic and problem-solving skills; good working knowledge of SQL and ability to utilize ad-hoc query tools for data investigation / profiling and troubleshooting system issues
· Proven ability to work with and influence all levels of leadership to capture / validate requirements and convert into enterprise-wide, highly reliable and scalable technology solutions
· Skilled in the utilization of system development methodologies throughout the full project lifecycle.
· Ability to identify/define viable technology and process solutions to meet business objectives.
· Knowledge/skill to objectively assess benefits, costs, and feasibility of proposed solutions.
· Strong oral and written communication skills and can present technical requirements to business partner communities and provide effective end-user training
· Ability to lead, influence, and negotiate across a diverse group of stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
· Experience creating and updating effective documentation to drive solution development in alignment with business requirements:
· System integration specifications
· Functional design specifications
· Knowledge of effective testing practices and methodologies.
· Ability to effectively utilize available tools and resources (internal and external) to resolve issues.
· Ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
· Ability to coach/mentor less-experienced analysts.
· Ability to work effectively in self-directed manner.
· Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
· Experience providing user support to Analytics business organization – prefer experience with Microsoft Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DB, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Oracle Exadata.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Proactively identifies and effectively assesses improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
· Plays a key role in project initiation efforts by defining project scope and supporting the development of work plans, estimates, and timelines.
· Effective meeting facilitator responsible for conducting user meetings (using JAD type facilitation techniques and Use Cases) to gather, analyze and document business requirements and functional specifications.
· Model data products to enable ease of use, consistency, and accuracy.
· Leverages leading process and technology expertise to propose appropriate solution options.
· Leads iterative solution design and prototyping efforts.
· Translates business requirements into technology solutions. Clearly defines and communicates solutions via functional design specifications. Verifies technical designs satisfy functional requirements.
· Captures and documents data/business rules. Able to work closely with the business users to analyze source system data to identify data anomalies and data definition inconsistencies. Creates new system documentation such as process flows, and system diagrams.
· Directs application configuration activities in support of solution delivery. Configures, documents, and tests configuration of data platform processes
· Coordinates solution delivery activities with vendors as required.
· Able to lead solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test data and environments, coordinating the test execution, and validating test results.
· Creates detailed system design, architecture and end-user documentation to support new system implementation efforts. Delivers training and performs knowledge transfer to team members as required.
· Leverages deep system and process expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting complex system/user issues to drive resolution and determine root cause.
· Leads issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as required.
· Effectively coordinates and communicates issues resolution with end-users.
· Correlates related production issues and assesses trends to identify broader improvement opportunities.
· Extends technology support internationally to support global business operations.
Leadership & Coordination
· Adeptly facilitates/negotiates through challenging situations.
· Interfaces across all organization levels comfortably with internal business customers, technical support resources, and external business partners.
· Leads groups though effective decision making.
· May lead project teams or direct the activities of a given project phase.
· Develops less-experienced analysts through coaching and mentoring.
· Supports team building and drives internal process improvement efforts.
· Translates broader organization strategies and objectives to technology solutions.