Sr. SDET/ Senior Software Engineer
This is a Sr. SDET need – JAVA, Rest Assured, automation frameworks, CI/CD knowledge, Selenium (+). We can pay up to $68/hr. (C2C). This one will require that the resource by local or willing to come onsite in St. Louis (relocation within 30-60 days of assignment start date). See details below and let me know ASAP what options we might have.
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Rate: See above
Location: onsite, O’Fallon, MO
Duration: 12 months
Manager: SriVidya V.
Drive quality to help build and ship better products.
Collaborate with development teams to enhance existing software development processes.
Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes.
Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process.
Coordinate and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
Review project test and implementation schedules. Document test plans and acceptance criteria using Rally or such solution life cycle management tools.
Own responsibility for end-to-end product quality including: defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
Create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration and code coverage tools to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
Qualifying experience must include at least one (1) year with each of the following: Agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools including Rally; Performing Integration Testing Using Data Virtualization Tools; SQL; JAVA; Digital Native Architecture; Testing: APIS (REST); Testing: APIS (SOAP); Testing: UNIX; JUNIT; SELENIUM; JBEHAVE; SOAP UI/PRO; REST; JSON; XML; JENKINS; SONAR.
· What is the name of your group? How does it fit into the overall Mastercard organization?
Next Edge Program, part of Payment Networks.
· What is your team’s main responsibility?
We are designing and building the future of how our customers connect to Mastercard. We are part of Payment Networks (previously Core), and support both our Core Payments business lines as well as the MC multi-rail strategy.
· What will a typical work day look like for this contractor? What are their expected hours?
Daily standups, multiple grooming sessions each week, regular (daily) collaboration with other team members, completing testing stories. Develop creative ways of testing so that we are ready for the integration testing in higher environments. 40 hours
· What is your management style?
Do attend all the calls to be in the know, not a micromanager. Looks to ensure the team is doing their part, but the team is very nice. Servant leadership approach
· Will this position require OT? – OT is not included in an assignment’s budget
No OT for this position.
· Will there be any travel involved?
· What are your top 3 required technical skills?
1. Knowledge of Java, Junit, Rest-assured, Groovy scripts and Springboot
2. Experience in building automation frameworks, acceptance and integration test automation scripts, integrating with other tools.
3. Possesses skills to orchestrate release workflows and pipelines to enhance CICD using orchestration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
4. Translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
· What are a couple of desired/nice to have technical skills?
1. Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
2. Experience with Cloud(PCF), Tools like Selenium.
· What soft skills would you like to see in a candidate?
1. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to multiple levels of the organization
2. Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) among various delivery teams.