Sr. Business System Analyst
Job Id: 3697494
Client: Zurn Elkay
Job Title: Sr. Business System Analyst
Location: Milwaukee, WI (Onsite)
Salary: $70,000 - $95,000
Accepted work authorizations: US Citizens & Green Card holders
Zurn’s Strategic Plan is committed to delivering industry-leading product and digital solutions and best-in-class customer service. At the core of these industry-leading solutions is an innovation engine in need of additional capacity and design talent within our IT organization. In this strategically-important, growth-oriented position, we are seeking Business Analysts who enjoy inspiring the future and understand how to apply solid development principles and knowledge to create excellent processes and user experiences via software solutions.
The ideal candidates for this role are passionate about improving end-user experiences and thrive on the challenges of solving the high-profile needs of a growing business...and will bring a track record of success in building solutions to create competitive advantage. As a member of an expanding cross-functional team, they will work collaboratively to lead top initiatives to implement best practices and deliver ERP, CRM, web and eCommerce solutions that allow internal departments and external partners to use technology solutions and data more productively. This role is geared toward the financial areas of the ERP system, and as an owner of projects, the ideal candidates will also have experience in leading the full system development life-cycle and working closely with key stakeholders in a fast-paced, agile environment. Overall, if delivering innovative, technical solutions to business challenges is your “thing,” then this is the perfect job for you!
· Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, especially financial centric areas that influence operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution and customer service; gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats
· Suggest changes to organization leaders and additional stakeholders to support solution-improvement recommendations; actively participate in the implementation of approved changes and leverage effective usage of business systems to drive functional those improvements
· Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications that influence the financial processes
· Design and champion the development of custom software integrations and solutions; lead projects and set functional and technical specifications; gather business requirements and write functional design documents for system enhancements; construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
· Create rich, user-centric solutions and assist with developing UX/UI requirements along with the business logic and data needs
· Lead projects and set application specifications by reviewing a variety of areas (ex: operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution and customer service)
· Troubleshoot process and application issues and propose solutions; identify/set test cases and conduct unit/integration testing
· Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project teams; establishing project budgets
· Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
· Bachelor’s degree in information systems, business administration, finance, accounting or a closely related field from an accredited college or university
· Experience with top ERP and CRM solutions; Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM a plus
· Microsoft SQL experience strongly preferred
· Experience transforming customer requirements into a workable design at the functional and/or technical levels
· Experience organizing workload to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment; willing to set strategy and be hands on
· Experience working and thriving in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while effecting change without being confrontational
· Detailed oriented, analytical and inquisitive
· Understanding of software development concepts
· Experience with conducting and creating cost/benefit analyses and business cases
· Project management experience preferred
· Top skills & proficiencies:
· Software-solution design
· Process improvement
· Problem solving
· Critical thinking
· Relationship building
Capabilities and Success Factors
· Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
· Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
· Plans & Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
· Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
· Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.