Sr. Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer
Job Title: Sr. Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer (Sr. Site Reliability Engineer)
Location: (Hybrid) Seattle, Washington (Local Candidates Only)
Duration: 12 Months
Top 3 Skills Needed:
Cloud engineering (Azure)
Proven Automation/Coding experience
Expertise with Containers and Kubernetes & Unix
As a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer – Starbucks Technology, you will be employing DevOps and SRE principles on a day-to-day basis. This includes the support, administration, and reliability of mission-critical services as well as identifying root causes of operational issues in order to resolve them. You will be helping to develop tools that aid in the automation of these tasks.
· Assigned to Retail infrastructure engineering team, Platform engineering and store-front staff facing applications
· This position will also work closely with other teams to document the enterprise infrastructure and monitoring systems. You will also be responsible for planning and execution of small to large-scale projects within the enterprise Technology teams under the direction of the manager.
· Contributing towards the reliability of the services they support, Toil and Tech-Debt reduction, working collaboratively on project work with Software Engineers, Production Support, On-Call, Incident Response, RCA.
Unique selling points/ Value added:
· Migrating mission critic, revenue-generating applications, leveraging modern day technologies
· Potential for extension/ conversion.
· The team supports various business units (DPE, RIE, RIOT, Mobile), the CW will be focused on the Retail Infrastructure space (customer facing applications) containerization and app migration will be the big thing here.
· Migrating the current tech stack into containers, and Edge computing platform.
Preferred background/ Skills:
· Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable mission-critical web serving environment
· Proven ability to participate with other functional teams in systems integration and design including writing operational specifications, test plans and requirements management with attention to detail
· UNIX/LINUX and Windows server expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
· Web Application (NodeJS, Apache, IIS, Nginx) expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
· Experience with caching solutions such as Redis.
· Experience with Edge Service Providers such as Akamai and Apigee
· Experience in at least two relevant scripting or programming languages (Python, Shell, Go, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
· Experience with Configuration Management platforms (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
· Experience with Hashicorp Terraform and Vault.
· Database Administration – setup, configuration and basic database troubleshooting skills (NoSQL and RDMS)
· Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, ODBC, SNMP and other protocols
· Understanding of high availability hardware and database systems design and implementation including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
· Knowledge of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc)
· Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Safe Harbor or PCI experience a plus!)
· Network hardware architecting experience with load balancing equipment (F5 LTM), switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
· Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
· Experience working with ITIL and Service Management best practices is a plus.
· Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across the organization
· Demonstrated knowledge of agile project methodologies
· 5+ years experience designing, supporting and deploying Internet-based products or services
· 4+ years operating complex, large-scale Enterprise guest-facing Applications or web sites
· Experience with Cloud Native applications
· Expert Linux and Windows administration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
What determines the best candidate over an average candidate:
· Candidates that have engineered a project/application from scratch
· no leadership experience, typos, unexplained gaps, no relevant/recent experience