Senior IT Project Manager
Job Id: 3697512
Job Title: Senior IT Project Manager
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL (Onsite)
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000
Accepted work authorizations: US Citizens & Green Card holders
Representing GGB US IT, the Senior Project Manager is a hands-on project manager that manages multiple projects in various stages from initiation to implementation by partnering with various technical and functional teams. For some initiatives, the Senior Project Manager may also be accountable for the definition of business and/or technical requirements. Responsibilities include managing project teams in a matrix environment, utilizing the project lifecycle and developing strong working relationships with internal business partners to ensure successful project execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads functional, cross-functional, and consultant/off-shore team members assigned throughout the duration of a project to ensure successful, on-time completion of project deliverables.
· Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes and practices.
· Prepares the following project deliverables: IT Project Initiation Request, IT Project Summary, Project Charter, Project Plan, Risk and Issue Management Log, Project Status Reports.
· Obtains appropriate level of approval for each document/deliverable for projects and/or sub-teams assigned, ensuring appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved teams.
· Leads or assists with business and technical requirements gathering with technical and business stakeholders and produces detailed requirements deliverables.
· Manages project issues by ensuring visibility, identifying stakeholders, determining root cause, facilitating solutions, driving to timely resolution and actively communicating to stakeholders.
· Creates risk management plans to analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure the achievement of expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
· Communicates overall project health and status appropriate to the audience (i.e. C-level, technical team, business users).
· Drives project activities to ensure that on-time, within budget and quality outcomes are achieved.
· Ensures compliance with all IT Project Management / SDLC Policies & Standards.
· 7+ years technical project management experience focused on cross-functional application implementations of medium to high level of complexity
· Project Management experience leveraging waterfall and/or agile methodologies
· Solid knowledge and application of SDLC methodology
· 3-5 years technical experience focusing on applications (COTS or custom developed)
· Extensive hands-on experience in producing detailed project schedules, extrapolating work breakdown structures, defining resource requirements and tracking to schedule
· Experience working with product management teams
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business
· Extensive experience in project reporting including executive level briefing
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills - must be comfortable speaking and writing to C-level audiences, as well as technical audiences
· Intermediate level experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
· Must be comfortable using audio and web conferencing tools (i.e. MS Teams)
· PMP and/or Agile/Scrum certifications
· 2+ years business/technical analyst experience
· 2+ years application development/operational support background
· 2+ years testing experience including developing test plans, test cases and leading testing efforts
· 2+ years of successful experience working with off shore resources
· Experience with business process or data management principles and initiatives
· Experience with TFS, SharePoint, .NET, SQL Server, Active Directory, Quest Identity Manager, Remedy, Planview.
· Drive results by creating an environment that motivates, inspires and respects the contributions of others
· Ability to drive consensus among various internal stakeholders, including executive management and third parties
· Ability to lead process improvement initiatives and to collaborate effectively with technology, audit, and finance personnel at many levels
· Must be self-directed and able to perform project duties with minimal direction and supervision
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent organization skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work at a fast pace and cope with conflicting deadlines
· Ability to deliver excellent customer service
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Dependable, hardworking, professional, self-starter and able to work well with cross functional teams