Title - Scrum Master (Migrating Genesys (Call Center) to AWS environment Project)
Duration: 12+ months (Extension possible)
Location: Hybrid (Seattle WA, 3 days On-site)
Rate: $80/Hr (max) - Experience dependent
Bring your SCRUM Master skills, technology experience and savvy to this organization and manage Business Intelligence initiatives supporting companys' business success. Work collaboratively with business and technical team members to deliver high visibility initiatives via state-of-the art Business Intelligence technologies. Candidates will have SCRUM Master/Agile project experience and traditional project management experience with the ability to apply each appropriately to drive project success. Our ideal candidate will have an appetite for challenge and a mind for problem solving. Provide concise and insightful communication style when it comes to driving and leading teams to achieve dates. A good sense of humor in the face of ambiguity and an inherent ability to balance priorities is key.
Tops 3 Skills Needed
| || |
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years
Degree or certifications required:
- Certified scrum master
Required Background/ skills:
- Ability to navigate within a fast-paced dynamic environment with high degrees of ambiguity to deliver large and complex projects
- Ability to maneuver through tough political situations
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Microsoft project & Microsoft
- Working knowledge of software engineering, retail technologies, SharePoint, Web, Mobile, API, and Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Knowledge of basic business principles and company goals and objectives
- Demonstrates knowledge of system testing and test plan development
- Understands integration tools and methods
- Demonstrates familiarity with software development lifecycles and the ability to facilitate decision making that balances business needs and technical priorities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team member styles and leverage team diversity
- Ability to identify and voice concerns and project issues in a timely and effective manner
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to build cross-functional project teams and protect valuable team resources
- Superior communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences and all levels of the organization, able to bridge communication gaps between technology and business users, and able to foster open team communication.
- Skilled at reporting on sprint status, burn down charts, summarizing results, and taking corrective action.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with business and technology partners at various levels in the organization
- Ability to lead geographically distributed development teams
- Scrum/ Agile
- Information Technology (IT) project based roles
- Building, leading and mentoring cross functional teams
- Application of industry-based project management and SDLC methodologies and tools
- IT project management, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality, integration, procurement, human resources and communications
- Working with business areas to prioritize requirements and select appropriate technology to deliver effective business solutions and achieve business benefits
- Managing complex large-scale or multiple mid-sized projects
- Requirements elicitation, process analysis and design expertise
- Mentoring team members in project lifecycle and agile methodologies
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply scrum/agile iterative development processes to lead on-time delivery of product backlog user stories.
- Leverage risk and issue management, leadership courage and proactive / timely communications to safeguard project resources and direct corrective measures to ensure project success
- Bridge communication between technology and the business through targeted communications and fostering open dialog with team members
- Provide team members with clear communication and direction – including appropriate governance and decision making.
- Identify resource gaps and inform the program and project manager to support and enable resource managers for outsourced services as needed.
- Direct completion of applicable lifecycle deliverables in compliance with established company standards, practices and policies.
- Negotiate across multiple functions to resolve impediments and competing priorities.
- Work independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance from agile practice leaders or senior program management leadership.
- In partnership with scrum teams and product owner: identify, document, and size user stories and acceptance criteria; (2) drive definition of the minimal viable product; (3) partner with the product owner to prioritize the backlog; (4) define the scrum approach, based on best practices and learnings from previous projects, and secure scrum team and management team working agreements; (5) plan the release/sprint roadmap; and (6) plan Sprint 0.
- During the Design, Build, Test, and Deploy phases of the project, lead the scrum team: (1) execute Sprint 0 and downstream sprints; (2) partner with the product owner to continuously groom the backlog; (3) lead user story and sprint acceptance sessions; (4) partner with the product owner to run product demos to interested stakeholders; (5) lead daily scrums; (6) lead sprint retrospectives; (7) lead sprint-planning and task-definition sessions; and (8) partner with the product owner in release to production activities.
- Ensures that scrum artifacts remain relevant and up-to-date.
- Ensures that risks and impediments are visible inside and outside the team; helps remove impediments that prevent the team from making progress and meeting its commitments.
- Understands and helps drive resolution of technical issues.
- Schedule and facilitate scrum events as needed or requested.
- Build team disciplines necessary for estimating, forecasting and committing to work and for communicating about plans and estimates.
- Help the team and the product owner build the right product.
- Foster team responsibility for building the product right.
- Tech ops operations team/ genesis project
- Migrating Genesys (Call Center) to AWS environment with the conclusion of parity presence. Moving the call center from one platform to another. Certifying partnership between AWS and ServiceNow and decreasing production cost.
- Goal: Consolidate Call Centers to a single platform
Certified product owner
If they know how they work with multiple teams