Position: Product Manager
Location: Need locals to Austin, Phoenix, San Fran, Denver, Orlando, Richfield, or Dallas
Duration: Long Term
Client: Experis IT
Client: Charles Schwab
The successful Senior Manager will scale client communications and reporting experiences for Schwab’s Statement and Trade Confirmation product. The scope ranges from product discovery, strategy, roadmap development, and partnering with technology to design and create modern, scalable product experiences. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Comprehensive understanding of the product development lifecycle and agile practices to build exceptional experiences on a healthy and scalable platform
• Lead journey mapping exercises and partner with Managed Investing product teams to understand the Managed Investing offers, solutions, and clients
• Gather product insights for the various product solutions to inform MVP and ongoing features
• Create compelling visual layouts, frameworks, summaries and mockups of financial reporting documents. Utilize design thinking best practices to enhance clarity and readability of client reporting documents
• Perform analyses that provide insights on the customer experience, cost savings opportunities, client behaviors, and competitive market factors
• Serve as subject matter expert to perform research and address escalations / questions from service teams and clients
• Develop business cases and vet new opportunities.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to effectively build relationships, establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence
• Create and maintain product collateral, internal communication/training, and marketing materials
• Work with the CX team on the go-to-market strategy and communication plan
• Work with Oversight and Risk partners to understand and manage to applicable regulations and controls
• Strong attention to detail as it relates to risk management, governance, and institutionalizing processes
• Strong clients focus and the ability to effectively build relationships, establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence
Additional job details:
- This position will require travel once or twice per year.
- 7+ years of experience in digital product management
- Experience with all facets of product management, including product discovery techniques, design thinking, and Agile development practices.
- Experience leading and directing a technology scrum team.
- Experience working with and analyzing complex data sets to make data-driven decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated success with defining and launching products in a complex corporate environment Exceptional communication and collaboration -
- Experience producing storytelling decks for socialization and buy-ins.
- Able to communicate at the strategic level (strategy/vision) as well as tactical level (status updates), and able to articulate a complex task or analysis to individuals at all levels of the company.
- Skilled in working with a cross-functional team, balancing trade-offs and re-prioritization as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional maturity and sound decision-making capabilities.
- Project execution – Experience with project planning, dependencies management, and business analysis.
- Able to define use cases and business logic within user stories.
- FINRA Series 7 or 99 a plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry and/or regulatory communication preferred.
- Experience with any of the following tools and systems; Confluence, SharePoint, SQL, Opentext Exstream, JIRA, IBM Mainframe, Adobe suite.
- Experience writing queries and extracting reporting from data warehouses
- Experience with vendor solutions and engagement a plus.
- Expert usage of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.