OCM Resource - Training Specialist
Reports to Propel Training Manager
· Participate in the development of training and documentation curriculum, templates and standards, based upon job roles, with business, project and development teams.
· Ensure template governance with training content on the ERP training team. Provide feedback and ideas for continuous improvement of templates and documentation content.
· Develop training materials for Propel Courses and information dissemination
· Distribute training materials and information to key users and project team members
· Includes Glossary and other Key terms or training standards documentation
· Ensure the efficacy of end user training, including creation, editing and review of end user training materials, management of persona course mapping, training logistics and monitoring and reporting
· Create, edit and review training content for Propel training courses (ILTs, WBTS, Practice Guides, Quick Guides, Videos, etc.)
· Ensure training materials and communications are reviewed by appropriate team members and receive appropriate approvals
· Align training schedules into the overall change management and implementation plans.
· Ensure training courses are tracked, documented and communicated effectively
· Maintain and update training schedules using defined methods and tools
· Work with sites during local implementations to schedule local participants for the appropriate course at appropriate times.
· Update course curriculum with participant changes
· Ensure correct course alignment
· Collaborate with sites, change team, deployment leads and project team members to verify course alignment and assignments
· Coordinate with site for an appropriate learning environment for the presentation of material, which may include room arrangement, audiovisual equipment, technical equipment, web access, handouts, etc.
· Ensure sites plan, order and manage hardware, training supplies, training room set-up
· Coordinate course registration, schedules, and completions in the Learning Management System.
· Manage data in the LMS or other course registration process (i.e all employees are not in the LMS)
· Measure results of training using appropriate methods for determining participant reaction, amount of learning, and ability to demonstrate new skills in the classroom setting.
· Prepare, disseminate and compile information from Training surveys, Smile sheets and other information sources
Key Skills for this position:
· Proficient in creation an updating of training materials leveraging multiple tactics and tools
· Ability to take complex concepts and simplify them to ensure adoption and understanding of new processes
· SAP knowledge in one or more functions preferred
· Interacts with others in an open, honest, respectful and fair manner
· Is open-minded to new ideas and considers potential benefits
· Encourages others to express their views to increase understanding and create better solutions
· Incorporate different viewpoints into decisions, communications and actions
· Demonstrates active listening skills
· Prepares information in a manner that meets the needs of the audience
· Adapts communication styles in response to varying situations, groups and cultures
· Engages and informs others to ensure the desired outcome
· Ensures internal and external quality standards are met
· Exceeds customer expectations through the delivery of quality products, systems and services
· Takes responsibility for overcoming obstacles, fulfilling goals
· Adjusts efforts and approached to meet goals and deadlines
· Maintains focus on results especially in challenging situations
· Collects data from multiple sources to better understand issues
· Uses feedback from others for personal growth
· Demonstrates focus and optimism about the challenges ahead
· Applies lessons learned from failures to develop self and others