Location : Remote
Job Type : Direct
Job Description :
- Day-to-day support of internally-developed applications and enterprise COTS products.
- Work with the product analysts, technical leads, developers, and QA analysts to understand and document requirements.
- Design, develop, unit test, deploy, and support various applications. Create and maintain design artifacts and other documentation during the development phase.
- Develop and maintain unit tests and automated build/deploy processes.
- Troubleshoot issues by identifying root cause and develop a plan for problem resolution. Identify and remediate vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Utilize the software development life cycle and manage production business processes to resolve software problems and improvements by writing user change requests and functional specifications.
- Work in a team environment to support users and other technical staff.
- Review existing processes and procedures and recommend/implement improvements such as additional automation.
- Frequently report and communicate development/testing progress via emails, team meetings, and the issue tracking process.
- Participate in daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review meetings, and other ad-hoc team discussions as necessary.
- Learn ISO-NE business processes and adhere to ISO-NE software and change management and IT standards
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies; comfortable working with unfamiliar tools
- Takes initiative and self-driven to learn and understand new domain, application and technologies
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience in programming in web technologies and utility industry experience is a plus
- Demonstrated competency in system analysis and issue investigation/resolution
- Technical experience developing, unit testing, and supporting Java-based applications on Linux using Java (J2EE), JDBC, and RESTFul web services
- Experience with Junit and Mockito
- Experience with PL/SQL and MyBatis
- Experience with Spring Boot and JBoss
- Familiarity navigating in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with GIT or any other code repository/management system.
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and use of an Agile methodology
- Experience with use of a ticketing system such as Jira for open issues and assignments.
- Candidate must possess strong teamwork, interpersonal, and problem solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills
Good to have skills:
- Familiarity with enterprise applications Programming in any language / Java/J2EE
- Electric utility experience
- Familiarity with Groovy, Maven, and Jenkins, Unix Shell scripting
Familiarity with SonarQube and/or Veracode
Required Qualifications :