Infrastructure Operations Engineer (ITSM/ITIL)
Job Title: Infrastructure Operations Engineer (ITSM/ITIL)
End Client- IBM
Duration: 12 Month contract
Requires extensive skill sets and proficiency within the area of systems development and operations management. Partnering with the systems, application operations, Virtual Platform, and infrastructure teams, the DC and Infrastructure operations engineer is heavily involved with identifying, developing, and deploying change and incident management process and tools. In addition, the DC and Infrastructure Operations Engineer proactively communicates and manages the change /release management of the platform infrastructure and ensure security, compliance and service level agreements are met regarding incident management and response for the client systems hosted by IBM Consulting. The Operations Engineer will also be responsible for managing data center resources provided by the vendor to support on site logistics and technical support for all hosted infrastructure resources.
Top 5 Responsibilities
- Develop and configure all system ITIL tools supporting the IBM Consulting Platform teams.
- Manage incident management tools and response/resolution times within established SLAs.
- Manage and support asset management tools , establishing configuration items linked to CM and Incident Management processes.
- Manage and support system and network enterprise management tools and integration to incident management solutions.
- Manage resources and relationship with data center vendor for on site technical support and logistics needs for hosted infrastructure supporting IBM-C.
- Conduct tasks and assignments as directed. Contributes to team objectives and outcomes as guided
- Works with technical teams to ensure that system configuration management processes are followed in accordance with internal and client service level agreements.
- Coordinates on-call resources and scheduling to support platform services solutions in according with internal and client service level agreements.
- Manage Change and Incident ticket system and assignments to required platform services teams.
- Responsible for setup of a new data center infrastructure to support on site/ co-location setup for dedicated assets supporting hosted cloud solutions for IBM-C.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience
Top 5 Skills
· Strong working knowledge of ITIL Framework
· Development, configuration, and management of system operations tools such as ServiceNow and other enterprise monitoring tools
· Experience in building data center infrastructure to support on site and co-location based cloud solutions.
· Strong configuration management process enforcement
· Strong analytical and personal communication skills.
- Self-starter, strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities and able to work in an agile environment with minimal oversight.
- Asset and configuration item management and integration with CM/IM systems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced complex and dynamic environment
- Poise under pressure and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
PREFERRED Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in the technical functional area and discipline
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science OR related field OR equivalent experience
- Advanced degree, certification, or additional professional training desired
- ITIL Framework certifications