Job Id: 3697486
Client: TurningPoint Healthcare Solutions
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Denver, CO (Remote)
Salary: $140,000 - $170,000
Accepted work authorizations: US Citizens & Green Card holders
Data Scientists at TurningPoint will be responsible for deriving deep insights and optimizing healthcare outcomes using machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), semantic analysis and/or other advanced analytics techniques to support the operational, client and business performance improvement projects. The ideal candidate understands and has experience in the healthcare industry, including quantifying clinical outcomes and member/patient behavior utilizing disparate data sources. This will require delivery of key analyses to inform product direction and creating reusable tools while partnering with data engineers, product managers/owners and clinicians. The ability to extract and manipulate data for deep insights, optimizing member/patient outcomes and presenting these results in a format consumable by a wide variety of people and teams is also required. Candidates should also have experience in the development of hypothesis testing as well as constructing and validating hypothesis using appropriate statistical and mathematical techniques.
· Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, etc.)
· 7+ years’ experience as a data scientist developing and operationalizing predictive models, machine learning, semantic analysis, etc.
· Healthcare domain experience required
· 5 or more years of experience using statistical software such as R, Python or similar.
· Proven ability to successfully communicate in a dynamic team environment towards defined goals and timelines
· Ability to efficiently work on multiple projects in parallel
· Proficiency across various consulting and research methodologies, including the execution of quantitative analysis and analytic modeling/forecasting
· Experience in defining project solution approach leveraging agile methodologies, working with Product Owners, scrum masters and other key stakeholders.
· Experience in building predictive/prescriptive models using multi-modal data sources.
· Experience in the features development, model governance, and life-cycle management of AI and/or decision models (ModelOps)
· Experience and knowledge of big data platforms and frameworks.
· Knowledge of hypothesis testing as well as constructing and validating hypothesis using appropriate techniques.
· Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
· Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
Additional Skills/Specialized Training Required:
· PhD Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Industrial engineering, Healthcare Analytics, or related fields preferred.
· Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical, process improvement, workflow modeling, project management, and facilitation skills.
· Hands-on experience in Agile/Scrum environment preferred.
· At least 3 years researching and building data models for population health and healthcare outcomes. Familiarity with the healthcare delivery model and touchpoints.