Job Title: Data Solutions Engineer
End Client: BMS
Location: Princeton, NJ -remote for now then onsite (need local candidates )
Duration: 12 + Months
Position Description and Responsibilities:
Part of a multi-site organization supporting enterprise relational database platforms in on premise data center and in Cloud computing environments. Working on technical solutions to migrate data stores across different database technologies, data migrations and life cycle management. Integrating and analyzing large amounts of data. Administration of Cloud computing infrastructure used in the discovery and analysis of new drug candidates. Working with colleagues within the scientific computing services team, shared services, and with external providers, this role will support daily activities and new initiatives, and implement leading edge technologies and practices. Success will be measured by ability to adapt to a changing environment, track best-of-breed technologies, present a clear and factual point of view, and assist developing new processes in support of both existing and new technologies with guidance from senior staff and management.
• Provide expertise and experience on supporting Enterprise database solutions like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and emerging database solutions like MongoDB, Mariadb.
• Experience with open-source database technologies in Amazon Cloud integration technologies is highly preferred.
• Analyze database migration requirements and work with platform engineering and storage teams to provision requirements to complete data store relocations.
• Experience in implementing High availability database solutions.
• Work with key clients in scientific research areas to deliver data integration, performance tuning and optimization, proof-of-concept prototyping and deliver new capabilities.
• Provide operations support to research computing infrastructure, involving servers, databases and applications and networking, as part of the team.
• Interpret structured and unstructured data, analyze results, and provide information insights to clients to help them prioritize business needs.
• 5 years or more experience in managing commercial Database systems like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Mongo DB is a must.
• Experience in database migration to Cloud computing platform. Amazon RDS.
• Experience in AWS Schema conversion tool and Data migration Services.
• 2 years or more experience using AWS cloud services Knowledge of EC2 & RDS solutions required. Familiarity with S3 storage service is preferred.
• 2 years or more experience in Oracle ASM, RAC, RMAN and Data guard implementation.
• Experience supporting authentication and login protocols, LDAP, SSL, SSH.
• Must be able to program in a shell language. Must be able to perform automation tasks.
• Experience with application servers such as Apache or another web server, Tomcat.
• Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including architects, data modelers,
Application developers, business users, and scientists.