Data/Business Analyst – Maintain Data Integrity across systems
Job Title: Data/Business Analyst – Maintain Data Integrity across systems
Duration: 12+ months
Location: 100% Remote (as per PST Hours; Seattle, WA)
Rate: Experience dependent
Validating and monitoring process and data integrity across multiple systems in support of business unit decisions. Audits moderately complex new and existing database systems applications to ensure that appropriate controls exist, that processing is efficient and accurate and that standardized processes are in place to support business unit needs
Tops 3 Skills Needed
Skill: Ability to work independently and as a team
Skill: Strong critical thinker, troubleshooting skills
Skill: Customer service skills/ communication
Years of Experience:
· 6+ years
Required Background/ skills:
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to lead cross functional teams in resolving concerns and gaining alignment.
· Ability to support projects and manage the process independently, including defining, developing, documenting, and executing multiple related tasks.
· Working knowledge of relational databases and enterprise-wide system interfaces.
· Ability to maintain large amounts of complex data and ensure data integrity
· Detailed oriented with strong analytical proficiency.
· Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent customer service, verbal/written communication skills
· Microsoft suite
· Identify minimal shared data elements required for business processes & rolled up reporting to support an end-to-end portfolio management solution.
· Propose definitions based on PMI industry standards & by gathering current usage from Finance & PMOs. Identify & set expectations with existing data stewards; later expand governance to include additional stakeholder representation.
· Oversee standards database including ongoing research & alignment of remaining data attributes related to planning, prioritizing, financial, & execution.
· Review & align on planning standard terms, definitions, list of values, restrictions, & business rules in partnership with the cross-functional stakeholders.
· Partner with Financial Planning Transformation & PM Community to create or update templates to drive adoption & usage.
· Manage SharePoint site including intake process for submitting new or updating existing data terms, definitions, or values for alignment, including a change log for documenting decisions.
· Maintain a Standards data dictionary & align with data architect for their PDS (Project Data Standards) database.
· Partner closely with the Enterprise Data Architect consultant to include in the metadata platform (Collibra) to drive approved standards by our data governance team.
· Create & maintain a Data Mapping Table for cross-functional rolled up reporting & to support integrating existing data into SPM from other tools/portfolios.
· Create & execute a change management & communication plan to make standards available to the Enterprise.
· Participate in process & new capability discussions for data element & reporting opportunities ahead of implementation.
· Expand standards collection of organizational portfolio/product-specific data elements (as individual org/product views are built out) & as integration of other tools is adopted (i.e., Anaplan, Jira)
· Part of the program team/ work stream associated with the team.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Experience in data and architecture