Couchbase Database Administrator
Location : Remote
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Job Description :
Title : Couchbase Database Administrator
Duration : 12 Months
Location : Remote
End Client: UPS
Implementation Partner: IBM
- The Couchbase Database Administrator will provide the technical domain leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely solutions and services that meet client's business needs. The Couchbase DBA's primary focus is to plan design, optimize, implement and support all aspects of Client's Online Couchbase databases, sync-gateways and underlying operating system. The Couchbase DBA will ensure security and compliance within enterprise standards.
- Have Good Knowledge on Couchbase and other NoSQL databases, Documentation, and specifications
- Configure, optimize and maintain Couchbase clusters, Sync-gateways and underlying operating systems
- Experience in Scripting skills required for performing and automating DB activities
- Must be aware of the concepts of clustering, fault tolerance, high availability, disaster recovery Perform change documentation, review and execution and load balancer
- Basic understanding of GitHub, DevOps tools, Grafana, ServiceNow Perform problem management for permanent resolution of issues and incident reduction Follow and adhere.
- Complete accountability and responsibility to provide technical expertise for resolution of outages, service level issues, and user/customer support needs in coordination with other support teams.
- Work with developers in writing SQLs, functions & procedures, troubleshoot and tune coding issues.
- On-call rotation is required to support a 24/7 environment and is also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support a global delivery.
- Must have configured and managed online backup technologies in Couchbase and ensured disaster recovery and data retention protocols (backup, monitoring, security, installation) existed and were followed.
- Good exposure to Red hat Linux and Cloud system. Good understanding of various recovery scenarios, refresh techniques and familiarity with HA solutions as well as shell or awx scripting is highly desirable.
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Proficiency in Linux and automation skills like Ansible
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, customer service skills and problem solving skills
Required Qualifications :