Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Job Id: 3697342
Client: Travel + Leisure Co. (Wyndham Destinations)
Job Title: Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Location: Orlando, FL (Onsite)
Salary: $150,000 - $175,000
Accepted work authorizations: US Citizens & Green Card holders
The Cloud Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports EA and Infrastructure activities that guide the development and management of technical and infrastructure cloud solutions. These solutions enable the organization’s future-state business capabilities and drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes. Technologies include data center, infrastructure, cloud, mobile, AI, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain, edge computing and immersive experiences technologies.
Cloud architects provide the leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise’s technical and cloud architecture. Cloud architects create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (standards, guidelines, strategy, roadmaps, individual parts, platforms, and configurations) for evolving the technical infrastructure across the enterprise, in order to enable business strategy and deliver targeted business outcomes. They enable and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through facilitating and making technical decisions.
The Cloud Architect will demonstrate competencies across these key dimensions:
Derives Future-State Technology Architecture
· Works with peers (e.g., enterprise, business, information, solutions and security architects) to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the future-state technology architecture. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
· Leads the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement. In addition, leads the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
· Coaches, mentors and collaborates with technical subject matter experts, Solutions Engineering and EA peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
· Drives digital innovation by leveraging innovative technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
· Defines high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the future and current state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
Analyzes and Evaluates Technology
· Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
· Guides technology investment decisions based on analysis and evaluation to drive targeted business outcomes while ensuring nonfunctional requirements are met.
· Helps the enterprise architects define metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise technology value.
· Assists with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance of projects and products.
· Oversees and facilitates the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
· Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of the enterprise technology architecture.
· Understands, advocates, and augments the business and IT strategies, its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication or marketing activities needed to ensure enterprise success and use.
Leads and Collaborates to Deliver Business Outcomes
· Leads technology change to deliver business outcomes while also virtually leveraging subject matter experts from any other needed technical area.
· Oversees, or consults on, technology implementation and modification activities (for example, projects and products), particularly for new or shared infrastructure solutions.
· Consults on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technology architecture to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
· Creates and delivers working, production-ready IT services that can be easily leveraged by agile teams.
· Works closely with the product managers, product owners and EA peers (e.g., enterprise, business, information, security, and solutions architects) to enable infrastructure agility, scalability and resilience to support required product needs throughout product life cycles.
· Collaborates with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
· Documents necessary enterprise technology architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
Knowledge and skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent analytical and technical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Knowledge of many, if not most, components of an enterprise technology architecture
· Knowledge of IT standards and controls
· Understanding of information principles and processes
· Understanding of financial models and budgeting
· Understanding of network and security architecture
· Understanding of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
· Understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability to support agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
· In-depth experience with AWS infrastructure, blueprints, and best practices
· Minimum eight years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following (or similar) technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, application development, application programming interfaces (APIs), middleware, servers and storage, database management and operations, clustering technologies, virtualization, cloud technologies, and Active Directory and protocols
· Minimum four years in an architecture leadership role supporting hybrid/cloud infrastructure
· Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments